NOT corona related news Anything and everything

Hi everyone!
I don't know how you thing about it but I am sick of all the news being about Corona.
There must be something else happening in the word right???
prefferebly good news, but even not corona related bad news would be refreshing.

for example: the second person ever was cured from HIV!!

Have you at least an idea on how the cure was performed or did you simply read the title that a second HIV patient was cured ?

Have you at least an idea on how the cure was performed or did you simply read the title that a second HIV patient was cured ?
I only heard it in a short mention at the news on the radio. I didn't even see any articles. If there are some I would like to read them.
becouse as I said I want to get more news about anything not corona related.

Edit I just read an article about it. I could try to explain it but instead I am just going to link the article.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/2nd-person-cured-of-hiv-thanks-to-stem-cell-transplant#Success-of-stem-cell-transplantation
It was interesting. I do not 100% understand but it was interesting.

Edit by Benvanoevelen .

The process is simple:
HIV needs immune cells to live in, it is a "Obligate Parasite".
On the other hand, there are drugs, usually used in cancer therapies, that have as side effect a destruction of the immune cells (this is why some patients have to live for weeks/months, in pressurized room without any contact with the outside to prevent infection cause they do not have anymore immune system.
When you mix the two, you can understand how we "cure" the patient: Simply we destroyed completely his immune system and we transplant the immune system from a compatible donor (which has never the exact same system). After this process, you have to give other drugs to keep calm the "donor-immune-system" from attacking its new host (cause yes, because the two person have not the exact immune system/body, the new immune system would recognize its new body as foreigner and will simply react/attack it).

So, as resume, you have a disease that it is correctly control by antiviral drugs (if properly taken) with consequences and evolution that can be bad (AIDS etc...), and on the other "option" you have a "cured situation" where you have to take pills to "maintain" this correct situation (as transplantations, except for some) that can bring you side effects equally to worse to the previous situation...
=> Currently, we do not cure HIV patient, we simply ( ex )change their diseases...
=> The solution (as I've already thought about) would be: Enlist yourself as a donor of Immune Cells in a Red Cross Center, make a donation as "pure" from all diseases, and if you are infected in the future, try to contact back the recipient and convince him to donate you back your immune cells... But the problem is the anonymous obligation, which colds me about my plan XD

The solution (as I've already thought about) would be: Enlist yourself as a donor of Immune Cells in a Red Cross Center, make a donation as "pure" from all diseases, and if you are infected in the future, try to contact back the recipient and convince him to donate you back your immune cells... But the problem is the anonymous obligation, which colds me about my plan XD

cool plan!
I am going to wear a condom when that is nessesary and gloves when dealing with the blood of strangers.

Stop corona 2 balls