Ideal wife / husband Everyday life and customs

First of all, to avoid misunderstandings: I am NOT looking for love!

Now my question:
What makes an ideal wife or husband in your opinion? Why?
I am interested in ideals and family models in your country/culture/religion.

For me... Women that is caring, sweet, pretty (of course), with good heart, loyal, full of sexual energy, can cook (or at least wants to learn), responsible. And ready to put effort into creating future.

And someone with whom I can talk a lot, tease and have some common interests and hobbies, and also different ones, so each os us could realize in the way we want.

Definitely not light headed person with careless attitude and not paying attention to whats neccesary, or with tendency to making a mess.

Ideal is an abstract definition, every person has its own ideals. One can form an ideal but life will definitly destroy it. As for me, an ideal husband is a person, whom I can wholy rely on.

Yep, a beautiful and young sugar mommy whom will buy me cakes when she comes back from work (or not if she's rich enough) while I laze around all day. I'd cook though.

Yep, a beautiful and young sugar mommy whom will buy me cakes when she comes back from work (or not if she's rich enough) while I laze around all day. I'd cook though.

That would be cool too.

A strong person with sound moral principles, who is respected and respectful, kind, selfless and who always puts the family, whatever happens, at the top of his list of priorities, a true breadwinner of the past who knows how to manage time with work, wife, children and his own hobbies. A bit old fashioned too.

I imagine the sea, dark and unsettled, but it can be a stretch as far as the eyes can see. Her depths can hold mysteries and the pain of rejections, but also hide your tears. You can leave it to your imagination any feeling you'd like to leave into the ocean, because it's never conforming to one way. Few have ever ventured there, feelings of unknown human origin that cannot be put into words, ones originated from love and the ways it's felt in the multitude of things that bring us together in human survival and never spoken heavier than that of a platonic breeze above.

don't get married, it's very simple

There is a quote accredited with Leonardo Da Vinci, telling that "Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel. ” As long as you pull the eel, no need to anthropomorphise him / her that much.

First of all, for a good understanding: "I am looking for LOVE " 🙂

Now MY Answers ...

Part One:

"Ideal for me would be what the universe see fit.
(not only what I think, wish & feel) "

Part Two:

"The 'right one' would be independent and awake. It would be
nice if she would inhabit an (to me) attractive appearance and
see herself as the 'heart' of the relationship. "

Edit by Lir_Elhan .

There's no such thing "ideal"
This word means nothing if to talk about man or woman. Ask yourself, are you good enough to meet someone you want to be with.

if you find a person to whom you can say "I can live without you, but I want to live with you" - then you have found your ideal. as they say in my country, "love is evil, you will love a goat" (in Russian it rhymes haha), so you can never follow only your principles and type. your mind and heart may have different preferences

There are two wifes /husbands . One is inside partner's mind the other one is actual person . If these two are similar no problem. When the actual one differ from the one who live inside the partners mind, problem starts.

Being realistic, I think you have to forget about your ideal wife/husband. Maybe the one you think is your ideal is not the best one for you. I think you should choose some characteristics, that he/she would like to have, and that's it. Generally speaking I think you should just know people, being open to all, and let your feelings, your live going.

Like many others I agree that there is no and will never be an ideal partner to marry. You both have to work hard to make a relationship work. It's give and take, a point that I think nowadays many people don't understand anymore. They get into an relationship and expect things to just work out fine. If it doesn't (most likely the case) they aren't willing to work things out (as it requires effort) and also aren't willing to accommodate the other (in a balanced way - both have to accept some things they don't necessary like into their life with their new partner). At the same time of living a "together-life" there should be space for both to have their "alone-life" as well, meaning to have the freedom to continue developing and growing ones self further.

In my opinion my partner has to be honest, upright and willing to communicate (and talk about his feelings openly) as well as a good listener. Only this way a long lasting relationship / marriage can work. By the way the same thing is also expected from me/brought into the relationship.

Also he should be willing to make time for me (and I for him) (for example every few weeks a date night / watching movies / just talking at home), spending time alone - even after marriage.

Another important factor is attraction and by that I don't mean he must be the media standard "hot" with chiseled abs etc. But obviously there should be something about him that you love. Be it his charming personality, his humor and jokes or his kindness or cooking skills. You should be in love in some way.

The last thing I expect is personal hygene. Everything else can be worked out.

Someone like that... Very hard to find

(Also I don't necessarily want to marry. I don't have anything against marriage but I don't think it's necessary to live a happy life with your partner. This only goes for myself. What others do and whether they marry... I don't care, its their life and as long as they are happy who am I to say something).

Edit: One last thing I'd like to add. You can't expect to have a long relationship without the love/attraction fading, if you get used to each other and just live your lives. You need to spice things up, get out of the comfort for your routine and that doesn't mean buying her/him expensive gifts. It's the small things that keep the relationship alive, like surprising your significant other with something, leaving a little note in unexpected places (e.g. Wallet, jacket...), giving flowers or other things that have significance in your relationship, trying something new together, bringing breakfast into the bed, taking over a chore for the other, giving them a break - in short; making the other smile. The date nights / time for the relationship I mentioned above plays a role here as well.

@Philomena, what about you? How would you answer your own question?

Edit by Winzentwinni .

My answer will strike many as naïve or idealistic, I don´t care. It is only an attempt, initial thoughts....
I believe that God, in His kind providence, has from eternity destined two people for each other when they are called to marriage. If you let yourself be led, you will find that partner. Marriage is unique, of course, no polygamy, no divorce, lasting for a lifetime.-
Ideal does not mean without fault. But: my partners weaknesses are perhaps the perfect challenge for me to "grow" and improve my character and vice versa...
Marriage for me means helping each other to go to heaven, making each other truly happy (as far as possible), accepting and loving each other without conditions.
For me, looks are quite unimportant (but body care is). When I love a man, I love everything about him.
Faithfulness, honesty, willingness to give up something for love sometimes are important character traits.
If I am called to marriage, I want nothing more than to give myself completely, to make a man and a family happy. Therefore, it is very important to work on myself continously and to be modest, to see my own faults and be able to ask for forgiveness... And yes, everyone needs time for themselves + time together.
And from a Catholic perspective, it is important for me that the other person is at least a Christian, because only then can a sacramental marriage be entered into.