Favourite holiday Everyday life and customs

What is your favourite traditional holiday? I would like to know more about the traditional holidays of people all over the world!

I like to go somewhere where you have a beach and can enjoy the sun. Mostly I enjoy the water and snorkel a little. I sit on the beach with friends and we talk and after swimming we go to a local cafe to have a cola or a coffee. We hang out with the other people of the camping place and listen to music. At the evening we try a local restaurant where we can eat some favorite food from the country. Then we go again on the beach, where a big group made a fire. We talk and have a good time. I think this expirience from a trip to Corsika was a quite good holiday of mine. I dont know if it is traditional holiday, cause this was a certain expirience, but the things I did I would allways like to do again in my holidays.

13th and 14th of April. Sri Lanka new year as per lunar calendar.

My favourite traditional holiday is sinhala and tamil new year. This celebration marks the beginning of the new Lunar year. As with most celebrations in Sri Lanka, the island is full of colour, and the locals get together to share food, play games and take part in rituals of good will. One of the most entertaining games is ‘lissana gaha nageema’, in which locals attempt to climb a greasy pole to claim the money or flag on top. https://i.ibb.co/0jh2V7g/Screenshot-22.png