Musicals Films, music, TV

Hey everyone does anyone else here like live musicals? If you do tell me your favourite songs?

I like them but don't see them that often. Theater is much more expensive here than it is in London.

I saw my favorite musical of all time back in 2019 in NYC. It's a relatively new one, Beetlejuice, but it was wonderful. 2019 was probably my biggest year for seeing musicals. I saw Wicked in London, and along with Beetlejuice I saw Be More Chill on Broadway. I also was able to see the touring Jesus Christ Superstar production here in San Jose, CA.

I loved seeing Cats in London back in the 80's and also enjoyed Evita here in San Francisco. However I'm one of the few people who can't stand Les Miserables.

My favorite songs from musicals are:
Say My Name and Girl Scout from Beetlejuice
Wouldn't It Be Loverly and I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face from My Fair Lady
The Temple from Jesus Christ Superstar

Edit by PolyguySJ .

Well you've seen a few which is brilliant, well done.
The beef I have is that the majority of them here only ever stay in London and places outside dont get to see some magnificent shows.
Sorry, but I do love Les Miserables.
Ive seen quite a few here too and struggle to find a favourite. But Phantom of the opera is up there as is Little Shop of Horrors.

I was out in Aylesbury in 2018 and it seemed like their local theater got some nice touring musicals. I thought that might be the case throughout the UK but it appears it isn't true based on what you say.

For me it would be worth it to go into London to see a show I wanted to see. I'd say the same is true about the US and NYC. Most of what you can see there never makes it out to the rest of the country. Only the most popular shows (Hamilton, Jesus Christ Superstar, Waitress, Evita, etc...) go on the road. However here it's much further for most of us to get to NYC as it is for you folks to get to London.

What I loved most about London on my 2019 trip there was all of the live music one can see. I ended up seeing 22 different artists over the course of 10 weekday nights during a 2 week period. I did notice that a lot of the artists I was seeing were playing a number of other places throughout the UK.

Yes some do come out to the wastelands where I live but they are generally done by amateurs or by an odd travelling troupe that doesn't always do the show justice. But hey ho I shall continue to try to get to see as many as I can.
I think one of my definite to do list would be War of the Worlds the interactive one... once again it's in London.