Opinion: Homophobia. Politics and governments

I support and understand the LGBTQ+ community, as long as it doesn’t cross any limits and boundaries

Simple! Todas las Fobias son malas, sin excepción! 😌

I just don't care

(2022)
Loving the same gender is unnatural.
We are animals like others and we don't have to choose our gender. We are girl OR boys. Stop.
(2024)
EDIT: OMG I'M SO SORRY (I'm not deleting this only bc someone answered) BUT I GENUINELY CAN'T SAY HOW MUCH SORRY I AM IN WORDS! I WAS LITTLE AND MY PARENTS ARE HOMOPHOBIC SO I DIDN'T REALLY HAVE AN OPINION THAT WAS MINE! I DIDN'T WANNA OFFEND ANYONE AND I FULLY SUPPORT EVERYONE 🥺🥺🥺 I know I hurt(ed? Idk if it's a regular verb or not😅) people by sharing my previous opinion about this in the past years, but I now love the LGBTQ+ community! In fact, I now fight homophobic behaviours bc I don't want children to grow up like I was about to😥 I'm infinitely sorry, again. Please, grow up, homophobics all. There's nothing wrong with people being who they are and want to be, and love is a sentiment, a sentiment that makes people happy. Let everyone choose peacefully who they want to be happy with. ❤️

Edited by Bea17 .

We are animals like others and we don't have to choose our gender. We are girl OR boys. Stop.
There are animals who show "homosexual" (the "" because I don't know if you can even use that word for animals) behaviour, are they also unnatural?

And why does unnatural equal bad, in this case? Look around, there's cars and people are in space. We practice factory farming and built planes. Nothing about that is natural either.

Chaos, not right doesn't make it bad. It just makes it unnatural. Everything unnatural has to be banned? No! Not at all! We are eating unnatural things, we are acting unnatural. We eat to much sugar, salt etc. Are we trying to ban anything artificial? No! But do we have to try to live a healthy lives? I can definitely say - yes! We have to try to live a healthy live. We have to try to be smarter. We have to try to make a less harm on the planet Earth. We have to be better than we are now. But do we have to be all gays? NO! Do we have to advertise it? No! Why? What is the purpose? To make everybody gay?

But do we have to try to live a healthy lives? I can definitely say - yes! We have to try to live a healthy live. We have to try to be smarter. We have to try to make a less harm on the planet Earth.
Do you think any of this is related to sexuality? Because I don't, so I don't know how to respond to it.

What is the purpose? To make everybody gay?
I'm not going to argue with you on this, but sexuality is not a choice. Nobody decides to be gay, nobody decided to be bi. It's just somewhere in yourself. If you're straight, you didn't decide not to he attracted to men. You just aren't. You can't change your sexuality. You can't "make" people gay.

You might get the impression that nowadays there are more queer people than 50 years ago, but that doesn't have to be true. Queer people are just more accepted in society and don't get punished for living their life anymore.
If you're not allowed to be gay by the law, obviously less people are going to openly be gay. It would just have negative effects on their lives. Now that they're accepted they don't have to hide anymore.

Maybe there's also more gay people now than 20 years ago, but nobody can know that because queer people simply used to hide their sexuality in fear of facing consequences for something that they have no control over.

And this is also why we should "advertise" it. Not to make people queer, because we can't, but to make queer people see that they're okay this way and don't have to hide.

Chaos, our sexuality is not a choice. I agree with you. I have heard so many things about it, but nobody is talking about hermaphrodites. What do we do with them? Do they have any rights? If you are not a woman, if you are not a man, who you are then? What do we do with that? Isn't it a bigger problem? Is it a problem? It is a certainly a problem. But what we have to do with this problem? They are not gay, they are really different.

And more than that, they don't have a choice! None! Anybody care about them?

Chaos, our sexuality is not a choice. I agree with you. I have heard so many things about it, but nobody is talking about hermaphrodites. What do we do with them? Do they have any rights? If you are not a woman, if you are not a man, who you are then? What do we do with that? Isn't it a bigger problem? Is it a problem? It is a certainly a problem. But what we have to do with this problem? They are not gay, they are really different.
I'm assuming you're talking about non-binary people. I can't say anything about them.
I was born a girl, and I have no problem with it. It never felt wrong or anything. I don't know how you feel when your sex doesn't fit you. I can't relate to it and personally I don't even really understand it.
I might sound intolerant for saying this but to me it seems like people identifying as non-binary might be related to gender stereotypes and things like that. But that also doesn't really make sense either.
I don't know any non-binary or even transgender people, I'd love to ask one about this and see if I can understand it, but right now I can't so I can't really say anything about it either.

Also I'm not informed about what kind of rights non-binary or transgender people have or not. Gender related stuff in general is more frowned upon than sexuality related stuff, I think because even more people can't really understand it.

But from my uneducated standpoint, I don't see a problem with people identifying as non-binary. It doesn't hurt anybody but helps people feel comfortable in their skin. I don't know how politics feel about it, but that's what I think.

Also they are represented and cared about within the LGBTQIA+ community. The T stands for transgender and the I for intersex, and the + obviously includes everyone else.

To me, it just appears like it's "bigger" than sexuality because who you are attracted to isn't really important for your day to day life, but your gender identity is because it's about how you and other people see yourself, what you want people to call you and things like that.

Again, I don't suffer from gender dysphoria or anything like that, and I don't even know any people who did or do, to my knowledge.

Also this conversation is really off-topic for this thread because it's not about homosexuality (or homophobia to be specific).

Yes, Chaos, it's about something else. It's about humanity. How do we have to treat these people? Do we have to treat them somehow differently? Why? Because of what? Because they are not a man or woman? And if they are? Do we have to invent a special rules fore them? What about handicapped people? Do they have the same rights that we do? And than again, why not say - we all have the same rights? If I am a heterosexual man, don't through stones in me. I am like anybody else. I am human in a first place.

There are animals who show "homosexual" (the "" because I don't know if you can even use that word for animals) behaviour, are they also unnatural?

And why does unnatural equal bad, in this case? Look around, there's cars and people are in space. We practice factory farming and built planes. Nothing about that is natural either.

You are right, but...
I don't know in Germany, but here in Italy there is a demographic crisis and being homosexual is certainly not the solution. We should try to solve existing problems before creating new ones! It's not that I don't like people who do it, but it's enough that there are few of them... Instead, by supporting them, we make homosexuality pass as a thing that it can be done without consequences!! Those who already are are fine, there aren't many, but if we start supporting this thing...
We don't need any more problems!
Even if you now say "Not including people is also a problem!", but if by not including these few people we succeed in not further aggravating an already existing and serious problem...
I think it's cruel but useful

You are right, but...
I don't know in Germany, but here in Italy there is a demographic crisis and being homosexual is certainly not the solution. We should try to solve existing problems before creating new ones! It's not that I don't like people who do it, but it's enough that there are few of them... Instead, by supporting them, we make homosexuality pass as a thing that it can be done without consequences!! Those who already are are fine, there aren't many, but if we start supporting this thing...
Even if you now say "Not including people is also a problem!", but if by not including these few people we succeed in not further aggravating an already existing and serious problem...

I don't think that supporting homo's would make this orientation more common. Its not something You can change that way.

Demographic crisis exists almost everywhere, even in countries with low tolerance for homosexuals, etc.

Edited by Oxiu .

You are right, but...

I don't think that supporting homo's would make this orientation more common. Its not something You can change that way.

🤔 I hope we never find out!

You are right, but...

Homosexuality is in no way, shape, or form a problem. It only is for people who are intolerant and for some reason need to push their believes and opinions onto everybody else. Them not being included and accepted is the only problem there is, and it's only caused by hateful people who have no (to me) logical reason for their opinion.

Homosexuality doesn't hurt homosexual people, and neither does it hurt people who aren't homosexual. It doesn't hurt anybody and there is no reason to be against it.

And you can't change your sexuality. It simply is a part of you and you have to live with it, either by getting comfortable with it or by lying to yourself.

By allowing gay people to exist and live their life the way they want to, we don't make more gay people. We just make already existing gay people feel comfortable with being themselves. Whether they they are openly gay or not, gay people are always gay.

As long as it doesn't cause harm to anyone, everyone being allowed to be themselves, express themselves, and love whoever they love, should never be hindered.

It should have no consequences to be homosexual. I don't even know why you suggest otherwise. There's no harm in it whatsoever.

Also I just looked up information about Europe's demographic decline and I don't believe homosexuality plays any significant part in it. Some homosexual people also want children, and if they're a lesbian couple they can also have children by artificial fertilization.

Here's some numbers on how many couples have children and how many don't in Germany, so you really can't tell me that homosexuality is at fault for the lack of children.

Chaos, I didn't see here a single person who would say - gay people do not have the right go to school! Or something like that. What we are talking here about? What rights gay people are missing in Europe? Somebody suppress them? Are we talking about Iran, Iraq or what country we are talking about?

Homosexuelle sollten ihre Sexualität endlich für sich behalten und sich nicht länger offenbaren ("outen") weil sie damit die ganze Gesellschaft nur nerven. Niemand will händchenhaltende Männer auf der Straße sehen. Wenn keiner von ihren sexuellen Vorlieben weiß dann gibt es auch nirgends Ärger und sie werden normal behandelt. So einfach ist das.

Chaos, I didn't see here a single person who would say - gay people do not have the right go to school! Or something like that. What we are talking here about? What rights gay people are missing in Europe? Somebody suppress them? Are we talking about Iran, Iraq or what country we are talking about?
I'm gonna start this off again by saying that I'm not informed about the rights of gay people anywhere. I know that in Germany homosexual people are only allowed to get married since 2017. Which might give you insight on how accepted they are in society and politics.

What I do know is that they face discrimination and hate, and are victims of hate crimes.
They should be able to live their life in public without being verbally or physically assaulted for it.

Also the LGBTQIA+ (including homosexuality) movement isn't just about rights but also about bringing the existence of these people to the public eye, showing that it's okay to be this way.
It's not just about rights but about being who you are without getting murdered for it.

I don't even know what we're arguing about since you seem to agree with me on most points.