This topic is locked. New posts aren't allowed at this time.

Islam Politics and governments

The few I red from the Koran is very human. That appears to me more as a book of propaganda than a real divine message. Reading only the second surah I was shocked by the contempt against the non-believers who are considered sick, idiots and in all the cases they can’t find the faith because God himself maintains them in the ignorance. Of course God reserves for them an eternal fire. I conclude I'm in this category with all these defects. Is it that the beauty of Islam? Is this God so merciful? I think the hate is already written in this book that explains the crimes of the past and the actuals.
You are a woman and you accept polygamy. Why not, but I don’t see in the surah number 4 (the women) that the woman has the right to say if she accept or not when her husband want another wife. In fact she has nothing to say. I only read. It’s not a thought from my mind. It’s not hatred but only matter of common sense.
You can understand now why I think that Islam is a bad thing for mankind.

can you tell me wish verse tell that the non believers are consider sick and idiot ? you have made a claim please support it with prove if not i will wait for your apologize

It’s amazing that you don’t know what’s written in the Koran.

I only red the second surah “al-baqarah” that said:

Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.

It’s not very honest to maintain somebody in ignorance to punish him after for that. After we can read:

In their hearts is disease, so Allah has increased their disease; and for them is a painful punishment because they [habitually] used to lie.
And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers."
Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not

You can note that the disbeliever is considered as sick by a heart disease incapable of discernment (or rather a mind disease because now we know that we don’t think with the heart) and with a nasty behavior. More, they are corrupters unquestionably

Deaf, dumb and blind - so they will not return [to the right path

Another good verse that show that a disbeliever is really handicapped and to warn against their terrible disease that you can’t recover.

You can understand that I find these verses associated to horrible threats of punishment only made to create the contempt against those who don’t think” in the right way” It’s only the beginning of the second surah. That surely create a special mentality if all the book is like that.

Are you christian sir ?

I like when you go to google and quoat from it and come here to copie with a big smile and confident that you have made point , first of all take of your arrogance and your double sanding if you were hoest men you will quote all the surah , don't take what you just need ,secondly i am still waiting to show me where in quran it says that the non believers are idiot do tell me your understanding from it show me where it's written then you can come tell me if i do know about my quran or i don't

Based on my experience
Most muslim force me(catholic) to believe history from their Quran
And they keep saying our catholic Bible already remake by stupid people

they say that their religion is there to complement the previous religion

When im still school im the only one non muslim on class
They keep saying me infidel cause i didnt trust their argument
They said another religion except muslim is going to hell

If they just said that only once it doesnt matter for me
Imagine they keep saying that for 2years

But im happy god make me strong facing that trials

Somebody who can't understand is an idiot and so a disbeliever who is according to the Koran incapable to understand the verses is an idiot, I never said the word idiot is written but the disbelievers are considered as idiot and sick it’s clearly written.
I was born Christian but now I can’t consider me as a Christian, I’ rather agnostic to be clearer: I don’t know.

anil. RiandBanana. Every religion more or less says that everyone except them is not gonna go to heaven. Yes Islam is "Old-fashioned" in many ways since Most of the technology evolution happened in the rich regions like Europe and America. and Those regions are dominated by Christians. But in the middle east they were not rich during the tech evolution. So they are left behind. Any other religion Would be in place of Christianity if they were lucky. Every religion was in their peak throughout history, But Now its Christians that are at the top of the pyramid. Once Arab Muslims were the most powerful. Even before Jesus was born there was domination of Jews people in ancient Egypt. Even before that there were tribal religions. Its a Cycle But you cant insult any religion think that they are foolish or religion is causing wars. You are mistaken without religion there would be More more chaos. not just some petty extremists attacks. But from what I can see. Islam is the only religion that advices to follow the prophets of other religions like Moses, Jesus, Josep, It means to say that Jews, Christians were once part of Islam. And it boasts that the first human Adam was a Muslim. If theres any religon that can accept all other religion then its islam. But its an irony that how much the foolishness of IS extremists have cost the reputation of this religion. So if u are an atheist dont preach your half scientific logic onto other people. and dont think just because you are an atheist you are intelligent.

You have a fantasist interpretation of history. There never was a Jew domination in ancient Egypt. May be Islam had a golden age but was never at the top of civilizations. Islam claims to be the ultimate religion because it appeared the last but we can't say that Islam accepts the others, that was often conversion or dying. . Read the Koran and you will see the contempt against the disbelievers. The structural intolerance of Islam is surely the reason of the incapacity of Muslim societies to evolve wile occidental societies produced a lot of scientists. During antiquity the valleys of Tigris and Euphrates as well as those of the Nile were the richer places of the world but they never evolved. Adam never existed and Eve was never made from him. Scientific logic has nothing to do with religious dogmas. I don't preach scientific logic but when it's too wrong I think it's my duty to react and restore the facts. Religions were often a brake to progress. Criticize religions is may be a blasphemy for you but it’s not a big punishment for the crimes of the past.

If Islam is so intolerant towards people who follow other religions, then why would we as Muslims be taught that it is a sin to not respect them and their beliefs? We are also taught that all people of the book, will be judged just as Muslims will, on the day of judgement.

What do I think of Islam? Well, yet another name for the very same monster.

M: My religion is peaceful.
C: No, mine is more peaceful.
J : You're both wrong. Mine is the most peaceful.
Atheist: Please stop it, and give some peace.

M: A, you are ignorant!
C: Yes, I agree.
J : So do I.
Atheist: What ever.

What do I think of Islam? Well, yet another name for the very same monster.

M: My religion is peaceful.
C: No, mine is more peaceful.
J : You're both wrong. Mine is the most peaceful.
Atheist: Please stop it, and give some peace.

M: A, you are ignorant!
C: Yes, I agree.
J : So do I.
Atheist: What ever.

I didn’t say that Islam is “more peaceful”, I simply said that it is a religion of peace. I didn’t say that any of the three religions mentioned are more, or less, peaceful than the other.

If Islam is so intolerant towards people who follow other religions, then why would we as Muslims be taught that it is a sin to not respect them and their beliefs? We are also taught that all people of the book, will be judged just as Muslims will, on the day of judgement.

Those who teach that are surely not Muslims or don't red their holy book. If you read the Koran, The disrespect for other beliefs is always present, it's always said that all the unbelievers will go to hell. It's repeated a lot of times. Take the time to read this horrible book.

“Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.“(5:69)

We have been taught that by the Quran and our prophet that we must, so are you saying that our prophet wasn’t a Muslim?

“There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.” (2:256)

“God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you in the religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just.” (Surat al-Mumtahana, 8)

“God does not love corruption”. (Surat al-Baqara, 205)

I have read the entire Quraan and I have read the translation too.
I have memorised many surahs and I keep them close to my heart.

Edited by lemondrop .

Are you crazy?You argued for a month.I guess no one can convince anyone😕

It's a beautiful religion, just like many of the world religions. Actually my favorite book, Snow, by Orhan Pamuk discusses Islam throughout (as an undertone and not as a HUGE motif/theme). But it has been very interesting to learn about, and learn about how people make meaning out of different things. I find it very interesting that the good religious beliefs (e.g. charity, kindness) are universal and shared by many world religions.
I am not versed in the scripture, and have only read about christianity, judaism and islam through the lens of narrative fiction.

The Christians and the Jews can go to the paradise according the Koran? May be there is some surah a little tolerant but farer, some phrases don’t say the same: in the surah 5:72, it's written: They have certainly disbelieved who say, «Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.
As all the Christians consider Jesus as the messiah and the son of God, they are automatically condemned to the fire.
For the Jews the Koran is not very tender; read that in the surah 4/160:
For wrongdoing on the part of the Jews, We made unlawful for them [certain] good foods which had been lawful to them, and for their averting from the way of Allah many [people], And [for] their taking of usury while they had been forbidden from it, and their consuming of the people's wealth unjustly. And we have prepared for the disbelievers among them a painful punishment. Is it this kind of verses that are so close to you?
In all the cases, for Buddhist animist atheist agnostics or adept of very strange cult: no paradise even if they had a good and honest life and are not responsible because they never heard spoken about the Muslim religion.
God doesn’t like corruption? So of course corruption is surely absent in the Muslim countries.

The Christians and the Jews can go to the paradise according the Koran? May be there is some surah a little tolerant but farer, some phrases don’t say the same: in the surah 5:72, it's written: They have certainly disbelieved who say, «Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.
As all the Christians consider Jesus as the messiah and the son of God, they are automatically condemned to the fire.
For the Jews the Koran is not very tender; read that in the surah 4/160:
For wrongdoing on the part of the Jews, We made unlawful for them [certain] good foods which had been lawful to them, and for their averting from the way of Allah many [people], And [for] their taking of usury while they had been forbidden from it, and their consuming of the people's wealth unjustly. And we have prepared for the disbelievers among them a painful punishment. Is it this kind of verses that are so close to you?
In all the cases, for Buddhist animist atheist agnostics or adept of very strange cult: no paradise even if they had a good and honest life and are not responsible because they never heard spoken about the Muslim religion.
God doesn’t like corruption? So of course corruption is surely absent in the Muslim countries.

Just because a country (take Saudi for an example) is a “Muslim” country, it doesn’t mean that they are not corrupt.
Shirk (partnership with Allah) is the biggest sin, and Muslims as well as non-Muslims will go to hell if they commit it.
I have been taught that so long as a human is good, they will go to heaven, regardless of their beliefs - this is mentioned in the Hadith, all humans are judged according to their deeds.
In the quote you mentioned, it says that they will be punished for usury and the practice of taking wealth unjustly. It also says “the disbelievers amongst them” meaning that it is the wrongdoers amongst them that will be punished, not all of them; the same goes for Muslims and all other humans.

This topic is locked. New posts aren't allowed at this time.
This topic has been inactive for a while and is now read-only.