religion Politics and governments

I only said that the Islamic religion seems to be a handicap for having an open mind. It’s amazing to see that since thousand years there is practically no Muslim scientist who discovered or invented something.
The article you showed me is not very clear about human right and Islam. As it’s said : It depends of what Islam. Some countries as Saudi Arabia or Pakistan are quoted for their law very brutal and intolerant based on the Coran. In fact the article speaks about some improvements remain to be accomplished for the Muslim to be more tolerant.
,I’m skeptic concerning this religion agree with human rights. I don’t know very well Islam but the few that I red from the Coran make me fear. For example the contempt for the unbeliever is clearly written, the threat of horrible punishment also and slaving is perfectly admitted in this book, it’s not very in accord with human rights.

I only said that the Islamic religion seems to be a handicap for having an open mind. It’s amazing to see that since thousand years there is practically no Muslim scientist who discovered or invented something.
The article you showed me is not very clear about human right and Islam. As it’s said : It depends of what Islam. Some countries as Saudi Arabia or Pakistan are quoted for their law very brutal and intolerant based on the Coran. In fact the article speaks about some improvements remain to be accomplished for the Muslim to be more tolerant.
,I’m skeptic concerning this religion agree with human rights. I don’t know very well Islam but the few that I red from the Coran make me fear. For example the contempt for the unbeliever is clearly written, the threat of horrible punishment also and slaving is perfectly admitted in this book, it’s not very in accord with human rights.

slavery was common in pre-islamic times and were accepted and after the Islam come ..it moderated slavery "since we cannot stop it directly and it needs time" it limited the opportunities to enslave people ..commended of slaves and made laws for how to treat slaves . There are stories in the qoraan and lot of things not just commands so maybe the verse you red wasn't like you understand it . Ps: You cannot take a religion from what its believers are doing ..we are humans and we make mistakes ...and if you studied the quran you will understand but not stopping at one verse .. i cannot explain everything here .

It's the occidental countries who made stopping slavery in Muslim countries. Muslims by themselves would never stop this horror.
I must not take a religion from what are their believer? It seems to me that there is a relationship between the two. May be I must not also take Islam from the Muslim History or from what is written in the Koran?
Some verses are unacceptable and some Muslims use them to do the worst. Allah is very oblivious to having made such verses written.

Okay I will try to leave the politics out. Just one comment: We should also look and the REAL islamic countries. And a religion that allows abuse from patriarchatic men in the name of religion is NOT a good religion: otherwise said: Not a well considered idea! In Saudi Arabia woman have no woman rights but this is not only a modern problem. They have nearly no rights at all. Everything is decided by men. What they buy, where they go. Without a man in the family, when everybody dies, women are enclosed in severe living homes for lonely women!!! Okay stop politics now. But really people stop thinking some sort of peace is a good enough idea! I want to be more open minded. Than the next thing: I truly believe that the Quran offers rights for women but usually men do not folllow. Often we hear of that the first woman ist NOT asked if she allows a second wife. And among christians such question even only, could lead to divorce! Because woman in christianity have more dignity and experience of true love. Surely among muslims also exist men who really love and beautiful believing people. But the political islam is dangerous. That is my opinion. I agree with that it is an important way to believe and God but this is not good enough for me.

Most Muslim people practice traditions and this has no relation to Islam

Islam is a wise logic religion it came to protect people from committing things and then there will be alot of consequences

But humans never stops and they commit mistakes but the door to repent is always there..love is religion and religion is love
Love to yourself as you love to others
Don't keep an atom of hate in ur heart
God knows what you hide and what you say

What I like about these forums is that people are usually very tolerant and friendly, since they travel a lot and like to get to know other cultures. You cannot travel without an open mind, with a predisposition to learn new things and eliminate prejudices obtained by television, radio and the media. Sometimes talking to people of another religion or culture opens your mind and makes you a better person.

We're are all lost on this planet, no one came out of the womb with a map yet.

To each their belief and bidirectional respect should do wonders (in theory currently better than in practice, but the world is still turning, we have time).

Theravadi Buddhism ☸

Religion is another governing body of a society and it does good and bad both to a society

this forum is soo old