Most important language worldwide except english English

I have just wanted to know your opinion about that question..

1. Anglais
2. Chinois
3. L'hindi
4. Espagnol
5. Français
6. L'Arabe
7. Russe
8. Portugais
9. Japonais
10. Allemand

That's all 🙂

Why is english on the top?
I mean thats all I really apeak and a little french...but...

Just curious

The best financial system: who has more money, rules the world. =)

[b]Chinese[/b] will be next because of the population and because their financial system also develops very fast. (just look what a big export they have ) :blink

Chienese is not that important to learn.many people who have things to do with Asia. (outside of it) Yes there are much people in Asia but there are not Spanish and French are more useful I think.

[b]Chinese[/b] will be next because of the population and because their financial system also develops very fast. (just look what a big export they have ) :blink

Well, i happen to agree that we are pretty cool :] But our economy is not doing so hot right now... Lol.

English is one thing, but it's impossible for Chinese to reach the global usage that English has. It's just too difficult of a language. Money can't change that.

In America, the top 5 are...

1) English
2) Spanish
3) French
4) Chinese
5) Russian/German.

In my opinion anyways. Lol

1. english
2. chienese
3. russian
4. german
5. french/spain

For people where I live (Canada) I would say:

1-English (for the majority of the country)
2-French (for the province of Quebec, half New Brunswick and a few people in Ontario or somewhere else who speak both languages english/french)
3-Spanish (because the USA are close and Spanish is the second language there, like French in Canada)
As for the most usefull languages of everyday.

Then for the next two (to make a top 5) or the next seven (to make a top ten) I guess it depends on you work, like if you travel a lot more in Europe it's better to learn German, if you travel often in Asia you shoul learn Chinese etc.
If you don't really travel for your work, then, it's your choice... If you are interested into travelling in certain countries you better learn those languages first...

Edit by Winnie08 .

Well I am from India. So I cannot say which language, because most of the Indian languages are now mixed with English. Better to say "HINGLISH" ! So English has more impact.

Like Winnie, I said that languages depends from where you are.
I'm from France, Elsass, so at German (Swiss) Border. So for us is important to know German, as much as English.
I think that's same for all that live in border with an other country.

Edit by Hibern .

lol of course SWISS GERMAN ;D
no i'm just joking...

i think spanish is after english the most popular language!