do u believe in god ? write here why? English

i believe in God because he is our creator
I respect your religion, but I'm sorry, this sentence sounds really FUNNY...

yep it's funny for us.... but not for religious people 😁

Yeah, I think so Vandien. But every people who has "unfixed brain" should see this humour... No proofs, no signs, so why do they believe this fabls or myths? They must get rid of religious brainwashing. I hope one day people gonna stop lying themselves.

I believe in god ALLAH

There is only one God. Yet, many people worship different God. Some worship the Sun as their God. Others worship the Father, the Son, etc. There is also some people that worship Allah alone.
So, who is the true God according to Islam? What is His attributes? We know little about God. Yet, in the Quran, God explains His characteristics as follow:
God, the All Wise Creator
According to Islam, God is the Creator of All
God the Owner of Heaven, Earth, and Their Contents
God owns everything in Earth, Heaven, and in between
God is the First and the Last
God already exists before anything exist. God also will keep exist when everything is dead or destroyed
Therefore it would be inappropriate if God was born when other creatures already exist and died when “His” creatures still exist. If there is a “God” like that, then he is not God at all. But only a creature of the true God!
God is one, namely: Allah
There is only one God: Allah
Allah has no Partner Allah has no Child nor Partner Allah Knows All
Allah knows all even the invisible, a falling leaf, or a grain in the darkness
Allah the Most Powerful
Allah is the Almighty. Sometimes we are amaze of the greatness of some people. Yet their power is not everlasting. The great people such as Genghis Khan, Hitler, and Roosevelt were dead in the hand of Allah, the Creator, the Most Powerful, and the executioner.
In a hadeeth told that when all creatures such as human, genie, and angels are put to death, Allah says “I am King of the Kings. Where are arrogant people who used to claim themselves a God? Where are arrogant people who used to claim themselves a King?” At that time, only Allah lives and the Most Powerful.
Allah the Great Controller
Sometimes we see the bridges that were designed by experts and built by hundreds of workers with strong pillars fall down instantly. Or the air traffic that controlled by radar, air controller, pilot, and co-pilot, yet the accidents happen every year.
But we never see the sky which is pillar-less fall down into the Earth. The Sun never bump into the Moon or the Earth though they revolve for billions of years.
That is the proof that the order happens because there is a Great Controller: Allah!
Allah the Giver Gives All to Mankind
Who gives you your body, life, parent, friends, air to breath, water to drink, the Earth, etc?
People who sick will know how expensive is the heart, kidney, eyes, etc. Millions of dollar could be spend to by those things and the operation.
We have to buy drinking water. If we want to do the diving, we have to buy air to breath expensively. Yet, Allah gives those things and many others to us for free
So, thank God, and worship Him.
Those are some characteristics of God in Islam. We hope we could understand who is the real God better

you said if god exist then why the bad things happens, well heres some explainations for you if you are wondering and lost by some questions

the question comes why do pain and sufferings exist in the world. We find sickness, old age and death. We see things that are ugly, people who are insane and foolish. There are storms, earthquakes, floods, draught and famine. We also see people commit sins, show disloyalty, unfaithfulness, greed and insincerity. We see people commit rapes, murders; they fight and make wars. We know all these and many more problems. There are evils caused by human beings and there are natural disasters. There are suffering for individuals and there are those that involve a large number of people.
But we also know that this is not the whole story. Beside all these negative things we also see beauty, health, prosperity, life, birth, wisdom, intelligence, growth and progress. We also see goodness among people, faith, sincerity, charity, love and the spirit of sacrifice. We also see a lot of virtue and piety. It is wrong to see one side of the coin and not to see the other side. Any philosophy that concentrates on one aspect of the creation and denies or ignores the other side is partially true and partial truths are no truth at all.
It is also the fact that the element of good is more in the creation than the element of evil. We all see that there are more people who are healthy than those who are sick. There are more that eat well then those who starve.
There are more that live decent life then those who commit crimes. Goodness is the rule and evil is the exception. Virtue is the norm and sin is the aberration. Generally trees bear fruits, the flowers bloom, the winds move smoothly.
But then the question is why does Allah allow these exceptions to the rules?
Let us ask this question to understand Allah╝s ways in His creation. The Qur╝an tells us that Good and evil whatever happens in this world happens by Allah╝s Will (mashi╝at Allah). Only Allah knows fully His Will. We finite beings cannot grasp fully His infinite Will and Wisdom. He runs His universe the way He deems fit. The Qur╝an tells us that Allah is Wise and everything that Allah does is right, just, good and fair. We must submit and surrender to His Will. The Qur╝an has not given us all the details about Allah╝s Will, but it has enlightened us with the guidance that is useful and sufficient for us. There are several points that we should keep in our mind to understand this issue:
First of all, Allah did not make this world a permanent world. This is a temporary world and every thing here has a time limit. When its times comes it will die, come to an end and finish. Neither the good things of this world are forever, nor the bad things eternal. We are here for a short time and we are being tested. Those who will pass this test they will find an eternal world that is perfect and permanent. Those who will fail this test they shall see the evil consequences of their sins and corruption.
Allah has placed a physical law and a moral law in this universe. Allah allows suffering to occur when one or more of these laws are broken. The physical law is based on cause and effect. Sickness comes if one does not take care of one╝s health or is exposed to infections. A car accident occurs when one is not alert, or drives in a careless manner, or if the cars are not checked, roads and freeways are not made and kept in right shape, or the traffic laws are not right or not properly enforced. Study of causes and effects is very important to give safeguards. Even here we should keep in mind that Allah often saves us and He does not let us suffer for every negligence. How many times it happens that we are not careful and still we reach safely to our destinations. The way people drive in some cities, it is a miracle that more accidents do not happen and more people do not suffer. Allah says:
(Allah) Most Gracious! 2- It is He Who has taught the Qur╝an. 3- He has created man: 4- He has taught him speech (and Intelligence). 5- The sun and the moon follow courses (exactly) computed; 6- And the herbs and the trees both (alike) bow in adoration. 7- And the Firmament has He raised high, and He has set up the Balance (of Justice), 8- In order that you may not transgress (due) balance. 9- So establish weight with justice and fall not short in the balance. 10- It is He Who has spread out the earth for (His) creatures. (al-Rahman 55:1-10)
The way we exceed the measures set by Allah and violate His laws of cause and effect is incredible. It is really the mercy of Allah that we are saved. Strictly speaking the question should not be why does Allah allow suffering, but how much Allah protects us and saves us all the time in spite of our violations and negligence. The Qur╝an says:
If Allah were to punish people according to what they deserve, He would not leave on the back of the (earth) a single living creature: but He gives them respite for a stated Term: when their Term expires, verily Allah has in His sight all His servants. (Fatir 35:45)
But sometimes Allah does punish people because of their violations of His laws whether they are physical or moral. The Qur╝an tells us that many nations and communities were destroyed because of their sinful lifestyles.
If they treat thy (mission) as false, so did the Peoples before them (with their Prophets), the People of Noah, and Ad and Thamud 43- Those of Abraham and Lut; 44- And the Companions of the Madyan people; and Moses was rejected (in the same way). But I granted respite to the Unbelievers, and (only) after that did I punish them: but how (terrible) was My rejection (of them)! 45- How many populations have We destroyed, which were given to wrong-doing! They tumbled down on their roofs. And how many wells are lying idle and neglected, and castles lofty and well-built? (al-Hajj 22:42-45)
Suffering can also be a test and trial for some people. Allah allows some people to suffer in order to test their patience and steadfastness. Even Allah╝s Prophets and Messengers were made to suffer. Prophet Ayyub (Job) is mentioned in the Qur╝an as a Prophet who was very patients. Good people sometimes suffer but their sufferings heal others and bring goodness to their communities. People learn lessons from their good examples. Martyrs dies for their faith, soldiers give their lives for their nations and this brings liberation and freedom for their people.
Allah allows sometime some people to suffer to test others, how they react to them. When you see a person who is sick, poor and needy, then you are tested by Allah. Allah is there with that suffering person to test your charity and your faith. In a very moving Hadith Qudsi, the Prophet -peace be upon him- said:
Allah will say on the Day of Judgment, ╗O son of Adam, I was sick and you did not visit Me.╝ He will say, ╗O my Lord, how could I visit You, when you are the Lord of the Worlds.╝ Allah will say, ╗Did you not know that My servant so and so was sick and you did not visit him? Did you not know that if you had visited him, you would have found Me there?╝ Allah will say, ╗O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not.╝ He shall say, ╗O my Lord, how could I feed you and you are the Lord of the Worlds?╝ And Allah will say, ╗Did you not know that My servant so and so was looking for food and you did not feed him? Did you not know that if you had fed him, you would have found that to have been for Me?╝ ╗O son of Adam, I asked you for water and you did not give Me to drink.╝ The man shall say, ╗O my Lord, how could I give You water, when You are the Lord of the Worlds?╝ Allah will say, ╗My servant so and so asked you for water and you did not give him to drink water. Did you not know that if you had given him to drink, you would have found that to have been for Me.╝ (Muslim, Hadith no. 4661. Jesus -peace be upon him- is also reported to have said something similar. See Matthew 25:35-45)
So to summarize we can say that sufferings occur to teach us that we must adhere to Allah╝s natural and moral laws. It is sometimes to punish those who violate Allah╝s natural or moral laws. It is to test our faith in Allah and to test our commitment to human values and charity. Whenever we encounter suffering we should ask ourselves, ôHave we broken any law of Allah?╜ Let us study the cause of the problem and use the corrective methods. ôCould it be a punishment?╜ Let us repent and ask forgiveness and reform our ways. ôCould it be a test and trial for us?╜ Let us work hard to pass this test.
Believers face the sufferings with prayers, repentance and good deeds. The non-believers face the sufferings with doubts and confusions. They blame Allah or make arguments against Him. May Allah keep us on the right path.

I just strongely believe in ALLAH and I've read alot of signs in Quran and if you don't believe it, it's your problem
I had to write few things for some of your questions thats all 🙂
"May god ALLAH bless you all"

Oh by the way if you say no signs or anything, if you want signs and prove if you really want, just read the Quran and then look at the world now believe me you will shut the hell out of those questions or say whateve you want

I don't believe in god, because... no. I don't now why. I'm ateist.
Mabe god somewhere there is but I don't feel him.

Oh by the way if you say no signs or anything, if you want signs and prove if you really want, just read the Quran and then look at the world now believe me you will shut the hell out of those questions or say whateve you want
BlackRose, I am living in a Muslim country and so, I know what Quran tells. There is NO PROOF. God is a hypothesis, a suggestion in Quran and also other holy books. That books don't prove anything. They just suggest us to believe or we'll go hell than. They uses "fear" to make people their believers. Polytheists or Monotheists cannot show a sign about God. And you couldn't do that. You didn't say why there is a God. You suggest to look Quran, but there is no proof there...

you said if god exist then why the bad things happens, well heres some explainations for you if you are wondering and lost by some questions

the question comes why do pain and sufferings exist in the world. We find sickness, old age and death. We see things that are ugly, people who are insane and foolish. There are storms, earthquakes, floods, draught and famine. We also see people commit sins, show disloyalty, unfaithfulness, greed and insincerity. We see people commit rapes, murders; they fight and make wars. We know all these and many more problems. There are evils caused by human beings and there are natural disasters. There are suffering for individuals and there are those that involve a large number of people.
That sounds funny.... You religious people say that God has enough power to do everything. So God can has enough power to make a suitable place the Earth. But you say if human population grows a lot, God cannot "make the suitable place" and people dies. There is a contradiction ha? And if God has enough power, why doesn't God create us "the optimum Earth"? Is God merciless? God can create it, but God kills and gives pain us. What a terrible God for us... 😃

We have to buy drinking water. If we want to do the diving, we have to buy air to breath expensively. Yet, Allah gives those things and many others to us for free
So, thank God, and worship Him.
If there would be a God, I wouldn't thank. Because everyday in Africa, lots of people dies because of famine. But in Western countries, people eat three time a day. This is unjustice. So if there would be a God, God would be barbarian. You say bad things are a punishment way, so why does God punish an innocent African baby? This is terrible. But you says that we may thank to God. And also do we say the God "HIM" Is God male? Does an abstract thing have sexual character is Islam?

You say this world is a test. And if God knows everything, God also knows the result of the test. So why does he take us into this "test"? You can see a contradiction here again.

I am a non-believer and I don't make arguement with God. Because I know there is NO GOD... Today's science can explain how the organic molecules existed with Miller-Urey Experiment, and Natural Selection shows how the world came today's situation. Maybe we don't know about first times of the universe, but that DOESN'T mean there is a god. Maybe we'll know about it next century, who knows?

I told these things at this topic before, but I think I may tell again;

I think religions exist for save the bourgeoisie's power. It's not necessary for ethics, morals, freedom, human rights or anything. And religions (or myths, magic, legends, religious tales, fantastic creatures, fortune-telling, soothsaying and all other nonsences.) are symbol of human powerless. Humans thoght there is a "superior power" above us because they couldn't understand nature and natural phenomenons. They needed a "saver", a "controller", a "creator". They wanted a "superiror soul" to pray and want it to help. For example; they didn't know why it's raining. They couldn't control raining phenomenon. So they thought it must be controlled and created by a "Power". Sometimes it's name was "Ea", or " Angel Michael" or "Mikail". Different people made different "Power"s in their minds. But all of these "superhuman powers" made same thing: To explain the Universe. By the way, wealthy or aristocratic people and capital authorities added fatalism (I mean "destinity) to religions and they used religions for thier wealthness. The proletariats and the working class believed that their poorness and bourgeoisie's wealthness were made by the "God". They thought they can't change it. Then, ages were gone, sciences started to progress, they explained why it's raining (or other natural phenomenons) and this phenomenon isn't created by the God. This event isn't spiritual or mystic. This is a part of Earth. Farmers left to go to churches(or mosques) for pray the God to rain. So materialism was borned. Idealism's fall started. First anti-capitalist revolutions happened (for example French Revolution, Russian Revolution). Imperialists understood objective idealism is disappearing, so they tried alternative ideas. At first, an English bishop, Berkeley, created "subjective idealism". Philosophers disputed about it over 150 years. But Diderot has shown that Berkeley was a faker, he was playing on words. Then Alexander Hume and Immanuel Kant started "Agnostism". Auguste Comte and Heiddeger supported them. It was Idealism's last escape way. Friedrich Engels explained "Agnostism" was a kind of Idealism and it's anti-scientific. Agnostism says we cannot know the "real", there is a secret behind everything. So sciences also cannot explain the world. At first look, Agnostism is between materialism and idealism. But with Engels' thesis, people saw its source was from idealism and agnostism was a wordplay. At last a German philosopher, Hegel, pull down the metaphisics -the method of all the old philosophers-. It was a philosophic revolution. He was the first "dialectic philosopher" on the world. He was also idealist but the dialectic was the first scientific idea method. After Hegel, Bergson tried to liven up the Idealism again but Politzer, Thorez and Marx's ideas were created the "modern materialism". It combined with dialectic and "Dialectic Materialism" was borned. So Bergson's ideas were extinct.

Materialism says there is no god or superhuman existence. This world is material. Materialism shows there is no impossible and there is no destiny. Materialsm doesn't deny ideas or human's concious. It says "The conscious is reflex of real world." Materialism has evidences, but Idealism has only dogmas.
I think people don't have to religions to live ethical. Ethics and religious myths aren't same. Religions are opium to control people and they are borned because of human's powerless. Religions are fake explanations. They are also causes of wars and separatisms. Religions are made from lies and I think they are needless and harmful.

At last as Marx said "Religions are drugs of people."

Yeah, you see we, materialists, have same anti-thesis for every kind of your idealism, mystism and mythologic ideas. You see, religions are products of human's ignorance. It's a kind of cheating. Escaping from scienticific research. Religions are a block in front of "real".

EVERY RELIGION CAUSES FATALISM, AND FATALISM IS THE BIGGEST ENEMY OF HUMANITY. Fatalism makes people like a plant; "Don't think, don't judge, don't oppose, don't ask the cause, just believe and worship, because God made it, you can't change anything. God does the best." This ideology is against human progress. EVERY RELIGIONS ARE AGAINST THE OTHER ONES. So, that is used as a "tool" and people kill the unbelievers. They think this is God's order. EVERY RELIGIONS ARE USED TO SAVE THE ADMINISTRATORS. Every kind of society has administrators. Slavery soicety has slave owners, feodal society has feodal masters, capitalist society has bourgeoisie. This administrators uses religions to control substratum. In Middle Age, people was controled by Popes and Churchs. Priests wanted people to obey feodal masters and kings. They said if anyone doesn't obey, he or she will go to hell.... (actually sometimes disobedients was burned.)
Religion is just a tool in imperialists' hand. Just a provocateur... It's placed in human's brain until babyhood. It's a brainwashing. And without that brainwashing any religion cannot live anymore. Because, every new finding of the science, destroy the "habitat" of religions. Ignorances are disappearing. I know one day, science will win totally against that "ignorance".

I have never believed a supernatural, mystic existence. I can't understand how you are believing this fabls without any proof. Furthermore, they have really important damages.

I hope I can impress your belief to mystism...

Religion comes from fear of the unknown, of the death. This is an answer. If you are christian, you wont be afraid to dead, because you believe there is a paradise, and you will just make your life as well as possible to deserve it. The problem is that (for me) a lot of people used this fear for themselves. Religion is not a problem. Stupidity is.
Everybody has to make his choise himself. Nobody can say: God spoke to me, I know the truth, so follow me. I don't think that believe in a god is stupid, if it is a real choise, after a long thinking about it. But religion is often a problem, when you believe everything what is wroten, without thinking about it. Taking everything what's told or written for true is always stupid.
But some people need answers in front of fear. They need something to believe in because it would be too hard to think that there is nothing after death, that we are just some little part of the world, that we are useless. That's there choise, they need believe to live well. A lot of people believe in a god without following a religion, or not every parts of this religion.. After thinking.
I don't believe in god myself. I think that there is nothing at all after death. That life is unfair and that there is no justice after death. That's why I wan't to change the things and be happy while I'm living.

Well, to be short : believing without thinking is always stupid. Believe after thinking is not

After having given up on the traditional shapes of God, life brought me a number of signs (double yoke eggs a week before doctors saw the twins who were coming to us. A book randomly purchased the day before my father died abruptly from a heart attack, where the book started with a son visiting his father's appartment, as the father had died from a heart attack. My most recent story dealing with a man whose memory has a very limited time span, just before I discover the memory disease of my mother...).

I now believe there are plenty of sings around us, but our emotional strengths is not acute enough to perceive it, in most instances. Most probably, as I feel it, becoming more transparent and receptive to (human) emotions is the way to access these signs more frequently.

And these signs, may be, are a door to a broader world, which we might as well call God.

Which God? Either way, the answer's still no.

No.

Every religious people I've met is somehow stupid. They judge other people for example by their clothes..! Normal conversation always goes to an argument where I'm always wrong because "it's in the Bible/Koran/whatever..". Man has written those books, not a god of any kind..! I want proof and I've got it only from science.

[i belive because you dan't belive about god and because you have this ask all your life and dan't find answer about this ask

Back after a break!

Hi efrasyab! This is a hypothesis: If you don't hate me just 'cause I'm an Indian and you're a Turk, in the same way you needn't hate me just 'cause I'm a Hindu and you're a Muslim. See? I might be a Hindu and proud of it but I "need" not hate someone on religious grounds. Chauvinism isn't part of religion. It's the individual's choice.
I agree. But, it was one of the causes. 🙂
The British Empire in India was divided into India and Pakistan (including Bangladesh) in 1947 based on religion:India for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims. Nationalism based on religion! Most Pakistanis hate Hindus (as opposed to Indians) and the same is true for Indians. Is this nationalism(?) healthy?
In Sri Lanka, there are two main ethnic groups(Sinhalese and Tamil) and two major languages. Things are not absolutely similar here. The SL army only has Sinhalese, no Tamils (who account for almost 20% of total population). The State advocates Buddhism directly and indirectly.
I do feel like an Indian, like I belong here. But I'm far more comfortable with just being a human or better, an animal.
So do cultures, civilisations, countries...we all differ in values and ideas. Sometimes, contradictory too. But that's what makes life interesting and, again, we needn't fight over them. If you don't like something, then leave it or ignore it. Don't hate it or worse, judge it and say yours is better. Again, personal choice!
aishalov wrote: i believe in God because he is our creator
Efrasyab wrote: I respect your religion, but I'm sorry, this sentence sounds really FUNNY...
I agree! And, I'm waiting for the next century to know how it all began with the Big Bang!

French Touch wrote: I think that there is nothing at all after death. That life is unfair and that there is no justice after death. That's why I wan't to change the things and be happy while I'm living.
You've put it perfectly, French-Touch!

Finally, I think this whole "god/religion" thing comes up 'cause we want to have "meaning for our lives" so badly. I've tried really hard to find the meaning. I've come up with nothing. But, I'm not going to delude myself. So, for now, life doesn't have a meaning for me-it's just a coincidence...life's full of coincidences. Things don't happen nor do they "have" to happen for a reason. It's quite reasonable to hope for good things to happen and be optimistic, but anything can happen in life to anyone. And, you can never be prepared.
Gah! I sound SO philosophical! hammer What's up with me? 😛

Welcome back RainGoddess...

Yes, the nationalism that you say is harmful and ethnic. It's just like Hitler's. I don't hate anyone because of his/her nationality. I love my country, my nation, my homelands but I am in peace with a other one's. This's not Hitler's, Mussolini's or other fascist's nationalism. Theirs make war and genocide. But I support folks' brothership and I don't have a problem with other countries.

Ottomans invided Greece for more 300 years and at last Greeks got their freedom. But then, Greeks started to invade Turkish homelands and this time, Turks got their freedom. Today generally, Greeks don't like Turks and Turks don't like Greeks. But not mine. History is history. To hate someone because of nationality is dangerous and yes, it causes wars. I'm against it. But you can't oppose all kinds of nationalism. Nationalism isn't ethnicism.

Religions are biggest enemy of science. They are against humans' proggress. So, if we won't fight against that ideas, what would we do? If we don't make anything, "the brainwahing" goes on. It's blocking "free brains". Dogmas are delusion and they are just fixed ideas. They tries to posion new ideas and new society rules. They tries to make accepted fabls and vulgar superstitions. You know, I explained that things.

Yes, religion make life "interesting". But they are just like drugs. They gives happiness, but they damages people. We have to stop them.

And I agree, maybe there were no "meaning". Organism is a complex material that is made by Natural Selection with mixed organic molecules, so it's life doesn't have a religious meanning. But I think we should do something for future's world and struggle for a better humanity. This is not a mission or reason. This is what we should do. Do it or don't do it, you will not go to heaven or hell. Nobody will punish you, nobody will burn you in hell. But if you make something for world, you will give your grandsons a better universe. You will be a part of "proggress". But we musn't forget, we are a part of universe and we are made with carbon, oxigen, hydrogen and nitrogen.

Edit by efrasyab .

[i belive because you dan't belive about god and because you have this ask all your life and dan't find answer about this ask
You are just trying to give happiness and presence yourself. No proofs, no scientific ideas but after all you charge us. We have theories but you have nothing. Does your "holy" fabls have anything to make me to believe?

If you read "Multiverse Theory", "Big Bang Theory" and "Habitable Zone Theory", you can understand how today's situation of univerce happened. You don't need that kind of fabls or mystic "holy" books. You don't need any Christ or Prophet. You don't need the explanations that is out of science. Then, if you read "Natural Selection" and "Darwinism", you will see how human and other organisms existed.

Yes, I know, there are too many "questions", but we also have too many "answers". Maybe you don't know, Bibia, but we know... You only see the questions that isn't answered yet. You can't see progress of humanity but we see... Don't forget, 1000 years ago, humanity didn't know earth is global. Day by day, we find more answers.

Edit by efrasyab .

I believe in the God coz this whole universe can not be created by a creature which lives in this world. There must be a creature to create a thing and there is only one God.