Tracking down spammers! News and updates

Hi everybody,

As you may have noticed, there has been a significant increase of spam these past few days. Why's that? Simply because VIP accounts can send up to 250 e-mails per day. And as VIP accounts were offered to all members, spammers just take advantage of it.

[url=http://www.penpal-gate.net/Forums/t223-Tracking-down-spammers!.html][b]Help us track spammers down[/b] so we all clean up the community![/url]

Because of this problem, the number of e-mails that can be sent per day per member was temporarily reduced to [u]30[/u] instead of [u]250[/u]. A spam filter is currently being developed to detect spam even before it's sent.

[u]How can you report spam?[/u]

Either post a reply to this topic or send me an e-mail, with the content of the spam you received from the site and the username of the spammer. Accounts will be terminated and spam filter will become even more effective.

Thank you for reading

How can I recognize a spam? 001_huh

How can I recognize a spam? 001_huh
Someone who's talking about giving money if you do them a favor, or someone who seems too nice and says he'll send you his picture and you write back to his personal email. Most of these people come from Africa, so try not to be fooled and report them if you detect any spam.

Unfortunately it's very hard to locate them automatically.

I have one question. you need an email from spammer as evidence? can you deactivate account without it? because many "girls" from Senegal is not real. they have "4" or "luv" or something similar in nick.

Either post a reply to this topic or send me an e-mail, with the content of the spam you received from the site and the username of the spammer. Accounts will be terminated and spam filter will become even more effective.

Thank you for reading

punk thumbup1 thumbup1 thumbup1

I have one question. you need an email from spammer as evidence? can you deactivate account without it? because many "girls" from Senegal is not real. they have "4" or "luv" or something similar in nick.
Yeah I know, however these keywords can be used by "regular" members who don't spam. I don't need only e-mail as evidence, other parameters are fine too.

i had some problems with a girl from senegal (or should i say 'someone who appears to be a girl'). I'm not sure, but i got a message from her, and there are a few forums on the internet, complaining about exactely the same message. so, i would check it...

oh, by the way, 'she' had 'binta' in her nickname

binta200? it´s a scammer. don´t believe her!

Stronger measures have been taken so things should go better from now on.

Thanks

Google spam filter so far has been the best on the internet. Here on penpal-gate, the web master can create a type of database from which unwanted mails can be stopped. Secondly, once you get spam or any unwanted mail, BLOCK option can be used. I think Penapl-gate doesnt provide Blcok option.

Google spam filter so far has been the best on the internet. Here on penpal-gate, the web master can create a type of database from which unwanted mails can be stopped. Secondly, once you get spam or any unwanted mail, BLOCK option can be used. I think Penapl-gate doesnt provide Blcok option.
Penpal-Gate has its own spam filter. However some messages get to pass through it, that's why I created a topic. But there's less and less spam 🙂

Why?

Why?
because scammers are people who want your money... there is a few types of scammers... this binta200 is date scammer... she, I don´t believe she is really she, she faces as fugitive from Somalia ... this time in fugitive camp in Senegal Dakar. But in Dakar is not any fugitive camp for Somalian... try to type binta200 to google...

How do we help track spammers?