Would you like to travel to Belgium ? Anything and everything

As mention in the title, would you like to travel in Belgium ?

If YES, why ?
What do you know about this country ?
Is there something you want to visit especially (cities, Buildings, Monument, ...) ?
Or you just simply want you meet the Belgian people ?

And also, equally important, if NO, could you explain why ?

PS: For those who live (I don't know where !!!! O-o ) and haven't heard about Belgium, it's the small country in the North of France πŸ˜‰

Hey!

I've studied in Belgium for 2 years (first in Ghent, then in Brussels). In fact, it's the first country I've visited. I really love Belgium : I've been surprised to see how kind, friendly and open-minded the Belgians are. Not to talk about their beers - the Leffe is my favorite - among, in my opinion, the best of the world. Food there is tasty as well. Bikes everywhere, rich and interesting History, a lot of medieval architecture, flat and green landscapes... ho shit I feel so nostalgic. πŸ˜‚

I've met my first penpal in Gent (thanks to this website) and he became one of my best friends. It's been 4 years now and we are still in touch!

So far I've visited cities such as Gent, Antwerpen, Brugge, Mechelen... (to name only the most important). Honestly, if I was able to master Dutch language, I would have chosen to live somewhere in Flanders today, probably in Gent.

PS: about the stereotypes... to those who think that the Flemish dislike the strangers, are nationalists or xenophobic, I can assure you that this is bullshit. πŸ˜‰

Hello Thranduil7 !
And thanks you for you reply πŸ™‚

Indeed, the Belgians are famous for their attitude and i think you forgot on of the most important: the self-mocking XD
I see that you visit principally the North part of the country πŸ˜‰ Have you also traveled in the South part ? Namur, Mons, Arlon, Luxemnbourg, LiΓ¨ge, .... ? Maybe not as attractive as Brugge, for example, but still get some interesting points πŸ˜ƒ

BUT !!! I can't let you think that La Leffe is the best beer in the world !
I agree that it is one of the best (as all the belgian beers XD) but there is others that better compete: Tripel Karmeliet, Orval, Rochefort, ... πŸ˜ƒ

The self-mocking. That is definitely true! On this point you are so different of the French for example.

I only visited the North part of your country, sorry! But I promise that very soon, I'll come back to visit Wallonia as well. The Limburg is the only part of Flanders that I haven't visited yet, what do you think about that ? 🀨

Dude. So far I've tasted the Leffe, Maredsous, Chimay, Tripel Karmeliet, Maes... πŸ˜‚ Because of a lot of students there, I've been used to drink beer almost every day. πŸ˜‚ So a "soft" one such as the Leffe was a better choice in my opinion. 🀨 What's your favorite by the way ?

Haha the self-mocking is, as I wrote, maybe the one that define the Belgium abroad πŸ˜ƒ Happy to see that you think that too ! πŸ™‚

As French, I understand you about the fact that you visit first Flanders, as Wallonia is not as different from France as Flanders.

Personally, My current favorite one is Cornet, more about the bottle than the taste XD
I really love Medieval things, and a beer with a Knight on it... I couldn't resist !!! XD
But as Belgian, i don't really have ONE favorite beer.
I really like atypical or unfamiliar ones.

Also, one that I really like and is interesting to mention is "Bertinchamps": I like the taste and its brewery is not far from my home πŸ˜ƒ

Finally, I have to ask you one last thing: Which team are you ? Jupiler, Maes or Stella Artois ? πŸ˜ƒ

Here we go. What's the main subject of this topic? The beers. You're definitely a typical Belgian. πŸ˜‹

Honestly I never tasted the Cornet nor the Bertinchamps. πŸ€”

Dude, really? Are you asking me to make a choice between those ? πŸ˜… Huuum I would say the Stella Artois. But I'm really not a fan of those biers πŸ˜…

And yes, my real nature comes out of the wood XD (#Lupus pilum mutat non mentem)
Bertinchamps is better than Cornet if you don't have the same Medieval Attraction as me πŸ˜ƒ
This question is not about the taste of these beers, but more about the team and the people you want to be circle with XD

And to come back to "suitable" messages, where do you live now ? Always in Belgium or back in France ? πŸ™‚

PS: We hold 2 messages, this is not bad at all !!! XD

Ho okay I got you! Damn, so what's your favorite one? XD

Unfortunately I no longer live in Belgium, I'm back in France near the Luxembourg border. So yeah, I just have to take the train a few fours and I'm back on your country. ☺️

I would say Stella too πŸ˜‰
Jupiler and Maes are more common here in Wallonia πŸ˜‰
It's similar to "Supply and Demand" XD Stella is more precious XD
But seriously, I prefer Stella, it may be by the fact that I've drunk lots of (maybe too many) Jupiler and Mas in my younger ages (NOT before 18yo !!! πŸ˜ƒ ), so now I prefer Stella πŸ˜‰

Near the Luxembourg ??? How was it with the recent weather (storms) ? No damage to mention I hope πŸ™‚
But yes, not so far from Belgium πŸ˜ƒ
you can join us whenever you want, already some projects planned ? πŸ™‚

So you're a Walloon, and you've drunk liters of beer as well. Why am I not surprised? πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚

Before to come in Belgium, I didn't like that much the beer. But I've been used to drink it more and more and every time I went to the supermarket, I always made sure to buy a small pack of beers. 😭 Belgian influence. 😭😭

Yep! Ho well no damages in my city but we've got a hails of rain as well as the thunderstorm. No tornado luckily but at this moment, I felt the power of the wind, trust me. πŸ˜‚

Hehe so I planned to come again in Ghent before this winter in order to visit my friend living there. In which city are you living, by the way?

Someone I really like lives there... sooo I would drive to Belgium πŸ™‚

To Thranduil7
Walloon and beers... Classical XD But you can't resume wallonia with this πŸ˜ƒ
You also were contaminate by the Belgian Virus, only a few weeks in the country are required for it XD
Haha when I saw the videos of it I felt it too, just by seeing πŸ˜ƒ It's like Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius, father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, unleashed hell πŸ˜ƒ
I'm living in a small village in the Namur Province πŸ˜‰ A rural village, far from cities, surrounded by fields and meadows πŸ™‚

To BlueDancePanda
Welcome on the discussion πŸ™‚
All the Belgians are likeable so you have all the reasons to drive to us XD
Just be careful while using our roads πŸ˜ƒ I hope for you that you have an SUV XD Maybe Thranduil7 can confirm even if he lived in the north part, the one with better roads πŸ˜‰