Share your travel experiences! Anything and everything

Just got home from an AWESOME trip abroad and need to share every little detail? feel free to do so here 🙂

I'm not giving any limitations to you, feel free to share your excitement, pictures, experiences, everything you wish! 🙂
And it can be a trip from the past, too.

So, anyone who feels like it can start 🙂

Edit by Sim0na .

It's been so long since I traveled last time! However I went to Chengde, a small town with a long history. The sites were really crowded...

Hmm. I have been in Mallorca, Playa del Amadores, Puerto Rico, Tallinn and Stockholm so I don't really know what would be the place what I want tell most so I tell only few plus things about those =)

1. Mallorca was my first trip to beach holiday. I did like that place, warm and I did like to shop in Las Plamas 😛
2. Playa del Amadores/Puerto Rico. Really really warm place, lovely people, much things to do and time did go fast =) I did love it.
3. Tallinn, I go there by ship and I did visit in old town, shopping and I met my penpal there :3 It's the place where I can go by myself few times a year.
4. Stockholm. hmm. I didn't really like it but buildings was nice =)

I have too many things what I can tell so my stories might be too longXD

I've been to Lausanne in Switzerland and London in England 😁

I prefer London, I passed a really good moment in London 🙂

A week ago I visited Helsinki with my mother to see Nightwish there, I have been to Helsinki 5 times now, but I've never stayed for a night. First we went there by ship and got a bit seasick, but I was better by the time we arrived. We walked to the hotel that was in the center to kill time and see the place better than out of the tram. We were very lucky, because all the churches on our way were open. First we went in Uspenski cathedral. We were the last ones who were actually let into the church, the group of asian tourists after us were only given a peak at the door, because they started preparing a baptizing ceremony. The cathedral was much smaller than we thought. We sat there for a while, looked around and watched the preparations.
[img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7792/pilt368.jpg[/img]
Then we walked to Helsinki Cathedral. Just as we entered, they started tuning the organ. I love organs. The interior wasn't as colourful as Uspenski, but it was still pretty.
[img]http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/5594/pilt412.jpg[/img]
Then we walked to a nearby souvenir shop just to see if they sell maps. Luckily, the gave them away for free, so we both got one. It was a nice shop and I was really tempted to buy something, but I thought I'd save for later. At the same time with us, there was also a bunch of guys who ended up buying a huge robotic reindeer toy.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8471/pilt385.jpg[/img]
After that, we just walked towards the hotel and looked around. I know there is a lot of granite found in Finland, and granite makes the prettiest buildings, so I loved the architecture. On our way, we noticed a really funny security camera that looked like a bird. While we took pictures of it, I bet whoever was on guard had a little laugh at us. We also saw a street musician. Sure, that's nothing rare, but this guy was quite good and fun to watch.
[img]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7804/pilt383.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/8171/pilt428.jpg[/img]
When we got to the hotel, we found out that we still had two hours left until check in was opened, so we decided to go to Kamppi to shop. We looked in every store that couldn't be found in Estonia. I bought the nicest headphones from some electronics store. I needed new ones for a while and I thought I'd start saving for them after the trip, but obviously, that wasn't needed anymore. 🙂
I was also happy to find cybershop on the top floor, because I was hoping to visit one on my trip, since there's no such stores in Tallinn. In cybershop (and Morticia right next to it) we looked mainly for dresses, because I need something to wear to my graduation. We found some really cool ones, but sadly, none of them looked perfect enough.
We were quite tired after that, so we went back to the hotel and rested for a couple of hours, until I realized the time is right to start heading towards Jäähalli, where the concert took place. I put on all my fangirl equipment (if the band t-shirt can be called that... ) and so we left. It was hailing and we were soaked when we got there, but we didn't mind.
The doors were already open, so we entered and gave away our clothes. My mum's water bottle was confiscated at the entrance for safety reasons. First, we went to our seats. The seats went very high, the spaces between the rows were very small, resembling very steep stairs. With the help of some alcohol, it wouldn't be hard to go flying down, I thought when I saw it. Our seats were only one row from the ceiling, so all the heat was there and to see the stage we had to look down. Before the concert started, I also bought some drinks and popcorn and a pretty necklace with the symbol of the new single. A sweet memory indeed. The warmup band, Poisonblack, was quite boring in my oppinion. I was really happy when Nightwish got on stage. My mother, who isn't a Nightwish fan, enjoyed the show as much as I did. During the show I kept telling her the names of songs, the albums and some stories behind them, until some guy from my other side (who also turned out to be Estonian O_O) said to me that they shouldn't have performed the old songs. I don't think so, but he can think what he wants. The show was really awesome.
[img]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7705/pilt260.jpg[/img]
The next day we had a look at the shops again, but sadly, still didn't find anything very special. Then we took a tram back to the port to take a ferry to Suomenlinna, a fortress island 15 minutes from Helsinki. When we arrived, we first visited the church. Just when we were there, there were rehearsals of some concert that was gonna take place the same evening. We sat down for a bit to listen and look around.
[img]http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9797/pilt524.jpg[/img]
After that we went walking around the island, but we were tired and our feet were soaked by then, so we didn't stay for very long. We agreed to come back next summer. When we arrived back to Helsinki, we had a lunch and then the time was right to get on the ship back home. When we left, it was already dark, but the sky was so clear I could see the TV tower of Tallinn from between the islands of Helsinki. That doesn't happen very often. On the ship, I bought a giant lollipop (which was actually a pack of 15 smaller ones) to share with my friends. I look very very strange in the picture, I know, but for some unknown reason I like it enough to post it here. 😃
[img]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9789/pilt348.jpg[/img]
I really enjoyed the trip, but the Nightwish concert was definitely the cake under the cherry. 😃
In the past, I've been to Linnanmäki theme park several times. Now I'm much more determined to go and see other places than Helsinki.
Two days after the trip I got sick, probably because of the soaked feet, but the trip was still worth every hassle 🙂

P.S. Oh my, this ended up long as a book O_O If you actually read it through, you earned my respect 😛

Edit by Sim0na .

Nice 🙂

I like that lollipop😃😃 Breizhad, why London? Terrible food and 2 separated taps with freezing or hot water. nothing between. but I like their black-gray urban architecture . beyond the signs of chewing gums, bleee.

My first trip abroad was in Spain near Barcelona, I've been there 3 times! I loved it, I was in a camping!
I went to Austria & Germany 3 years ago to ski! Mountains are very beautifuls and it was great, I was with friends!
In summer 2009 & 2011, I went in Thaïland (2 X 3 weeks)! It is the most beautiful country ever! I loved it! I did the tour of the country twice, Thaï people are sooo nice! I have many many photos & memories and I want to comeback there!
In April, I went in Russia, in St Petersburg! The town is very beautiful, lot of monument, I met penpals and it was a very nice trip!

I'd love visit Poland and meet my penpals 😃

Edit by vv92 .

My first trip abroad was in Spain near Barcelona, I've been there 3 times! I loved it, I was in a camping!
I went to Austria & Germany 3 years ago to ski! Mountains are very beautifuls and it was great, I was with friends!
In summer 2009 & 2011, I went in Thaïland (2 X 3 weeks)! It is the most beautiful country ever! I loved it! I did the tower of the country twice, Thaï people are sooo nice! I have many many photos & memories and I want to comeback there!
In April, I went in Russia, in St Petersburg! The town is very beautiful, lot of monument, I met penpals and it was a very nice trip!

I'd love visit Poland and meet my penpals 😃

Come, come, come to me 🙂

I will 😃 I am sure I will!

sadly, I've never been other country 🙁
internal is also nice but I hope visit other country someday! hehe

Well, I've returned for another trip to Finland which was much longer, which means it needed a longer writing. It's in my blog here. http://experienseeker.blogspot.com/2012/08/finland-sweet-finland-1708-23082012.html