Which languages do you learn at school in your country? Everyday life and customs

Hey! In Italy we study, in general, English, French, German, Spanish but also Mandarin and Romanian are popular (not at school). In some schools are studied Latin and Ancient Greek

In China we learn English except our native language

WE learn English, French and German in School

until a few years ago in my high school (which I have long since finished) it was mandatory to study Italian and English. Recently you can study English and another language of your choice between French, Spanish and German

I wnt to school in Germany. We had english, french an spanish.

English & French are the most popular languages in Portugal. English has become a compulsory language, however, it does not have any official status.

In Belarus we mostly learn English, some schools teach German, French, Spanish or Chinese (Mandarin). But usually you can't choose the language to study. Most schools offer just one

In Portugal we study Portuguese from 6 to 18yr and still newspapers and magazines, books and tv are full of grammatical errors. We also study English and kids can choose between Spanish and French.

Everybody in Flanders (northeren half of Belgium) learns Dutch, then French and later English. Some get German too.

In Flanders (Northern Belgium) Dutch is mandatory from first year in kindergarten. When we turn 10 or 11, we start learning French. When we turn 13 or 14, English become mandatory and depending on your school, German might be mandatory as well. In Wallonia (Southern Belgium) French is first language, Dutch second language and English third BUT in middle school they got the choice: English as 2nd language (that's what the vast majority takes) or Dutch as 2nd language, which means the importance of Dutch decreases. Nevertheless the popularity of French is decreasing Flanders because of the increasing importance and attractiveness of English.

In Korea,
usually English, Chinese, Japanese, and in foreign language high schools, Spanish, French, German and Russian.
(as follows popularity)

It's necessary to learn English in the school and some schools offer more other foreign languages too like, French, German, Chinese, Japanese...etc. I have learnt French besides English.

Hey,here in austria we learn englisch and of course german ,

But in 3. Middleschool we can choose between spanisch ,french or science

Here in Germany it's different from region to region but I think everyone has to learn English and then can choose from the most popular languages here like: French, Spanish, Russian, Latin,...

Zsq Zsq

In China, besides our mother tongue, we usually come into contact with English. A small number of people learn Russian and German by themselves.

After going to college, we have many choices. In some schools specializing in foreign languages, there are many small languages from different countries for us to choose from.

In Spain we study English, but It is not good. Also there is French how opcional. So the better opcion for learn some language is practising with a native person and reading books

We just learn English

In the UK it depends on your school - but the ones available at my school are German, French, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese.