Do you agree to the death penalty ? Politics and governments

q

q

q

q

q

q

q

Death penalty is the war that the Sate makes against the person (C. Beccaria) no one touch Cain, I'm totally against the death penalty. Barbar stuff

Yes. agree that if a person kills a person, then the latter can not be returned, and the offender will sit-and leave

I am against the death penalty. It is against human's nature to kill someone and I dont think it is a right way to kill someone because he did a crime (no matter which crime it was). Of course, with death penalty you would save money but one should also think that people suffer enouh from knowing they have killed someone (or whatever) and sitting in jail for such a long time.

Probably one of the most sensitive topics for me.

I would say : I'm against the death penalty... as long as I don't have any reason to want it !

If you don't want to "punish" a man by executing him, the best way is to let him rot in jail until the end of his days.

But it's easy to say you are "against" if you don't have any reason to want personally the death penalty. Just imagine : a man kills your brother, or your sister. I wonder if you will want let him live, then ? Probably not in my case. We can't even imagine the pain of people who have lost somebody very close. Because of this I don't blame people who want the death penalty.

I would say : I'm against the death penalty... as long as I don't have any reason to want it !

If you don't want to "punish" a man by executing him, the best way is to let him rot in jail until the end of his days.

But it's easy to say you are "against" if you don't have any reason to want personally the death penalty. Just imagine : a man kills your brother, or your sister. I wonder if you will want let him live, then ? Probably not in my case. We can't even imagine the pain of people who have lost somebody very close. Because of this I don't blame people who want the death penalty.

Seems logical, but the judiciary always must stay neutral, no matter which case. Of course its very hard for the family to understand this, but in situations like these it is always good to have a clear mind. Revenge has never been a good motive. And where do we get when we always punish criminals with the same crime they made?

Seems logical, but the judiciary always must stay neutral, no matter which case. Of course its very hard for the family to understand this, but in situations like these it is always good to have a clear mind. Revenge has never been a good motive. And where do we get when we always punish criminals with the same crime they made?

You're right, but I guess this is something that people who lost somebody because of a murderer can't get, and I fully understand them. I think that if such a case happens, you lose your self control. Personally, I have a young sister, and I can't imagine how I would react if something terrible happened. In fact, I prefer to not think about this because that sounds too terrible...

absolutely no. and the person who approve it should read something about Cesare Beccaria.

The death penalty was abolished in 1981 in France. There are many reasons.
Yes, the murderers, the serial killers are monsters.
Yes, many lost their humanity.
Yes, their crimes should be punished.
But, can you kill someone because he killed someone else ? Can you ignore his past, the reasons which made him/her a murderer? And, the most important , can you ignore the fact that he/she could be innocent and, as a consequence, that you killed him/her for nothing?

no

No, i'm against the death penalty and here is why:

In the Netherlands (and actually i believe in the rest of the world) the justice system has a couple meaning:
Punishment has to scare people off from doing illegal things, gives a feeling of 'justice'/ 'revenge' to the victim and helps prevent another crime from the criminal. Also, the punishment is a form of 'selfreflection'. It punishes the criminal BUT gives them a second chance to come back in society and be a better person. The death penalty has no second chance and has therefore NO learning part. That is important.

Furthermore: When people are sentenced 30 years in prison, that is a long time. However 30 years for me is as long as 30 years for you. So in this way the punishment is 'fair'/ 'equal'. (ofcourse people can get out earlier by good behaviour).
The death sentence however is not equal for all people. Some persons rather die a quick death then live in a prsion for the rest of their lives. Also the deathsentence for a 21 year old feels different to him then the deathsentence does to a for example 63 year old. ( Death suckes tho).

At last: The death sentence is NOT REVERSEABLE. That is a big thing. When judges sent a innocent person to the deathcells and after their execution more evidence is found that clears them from all charges the punishment can not be reversed. A innocent person is killed then.

This is why i am against the death sentence.

Here, in the Netherlands, the death penalty is abolished. I agree with it because people have to be punished for what they have done and Sending them to jail for a lifetime is a better punishment than dying. I don't believe in god or something like that but I believe that if you die you can wander around the earth and watch over your family and friends. If people die because of what they have done, they get to rest after they died so I think they deserve to live their life in prison.